I am done with BackupBuddy. It has been the Windows of WordPress plugins. That is to say, doesn’t work for long, needs frequent updates, and more trouble than it is worth. I have switched to UpdraftPlus backup software and so far so good. Time will tell if it is better. It is $20 cheaper, so that is something. It also seems to have more remote file storage options so that is nice.
BackupBuddy is a WordPress backup software. I have tried many kinds of backup software and it has been difficult to find a reliable one. I hope this works and doesn’t require awkward updates like BB did.
I tried to update iTunes 11.1 and it gave me the error “an error occurred while downloading the updates.(102)”. So I started iTunes and it said an update was available. I said to update, and the upgrade process is working normally.
Good luck getting a new version.
Can’t install updates now because other…: Apple Support Communities. Sig has the easy solution. “Reboot and try again.” It is amazing how many errors simple rebooting fixes.
NGPixel » Mac App Store – “You have updates available for other accounts” bug. I followed Solution 1 listed there and it did not work. Trying solution 2 now. Thanks NGPixel! Actually thank you Renso who came up with a working solution. Do this:
Here is what you do:
1. Go to http://apps.tempel.org/FindAny…
2. Download “Find Any File” APP (Download link on the right side)
3. Run the APP to search for “_MASReceipt” on your HD
4. It will find several APPs with this folder in question.
5. Narrow down all of the APPs that you had installed that might be potentially a “pirated” APP.
6. Throw the folder and its contents in the Trash can and kiss your problem goodbye!
HT1338 Error 103 App Store Update…: Apple Support Communities. Thank you Derek for the answer. This is something that I am sure that Apple will fix.
I had the same problem, which may arise from having multiple “stacked” updates available—Mountain Lion 10.8.1, iMovie, and iPhoto.
This resolved it for me:
1. Under Software Update, click “Show updates.”
2. In the update window, click “More …”, which shows all updates available (in my case 3), and lets you install them seprately;
3. Install the 10.8.1 one first, letting the computer restart;
4. Repeat the process to install the remaining ones.
After you install 10.8.1, you may be able to install the remaining ones together, but I did them separately. Each of them is a long download.
Apply your privacy settings now or else your status update might cost you your job. Read more about it here.