The application Finder.app can’t be opened. The post doesn’t have a clear solution to this problem.
Found a possible solution!! Try this first.
Use the CD that came with your computer or the 10.6/10.5 Install CD if you upgraded. Boot from it and do a Disk Repair. The message disappears for some users!
- go to into your user library and delete:
- Then delete these files from the root level of your boot drive …
/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices* (the * means anything)
- Put this in terminal: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -seed -rfv -all user, system, local
- Download and reapply the combo updater 10.6.1
- Disable spotlight.
Another possible solution.
- Back up your computer. This might cause it to not boot.
- Change default kernel parameters: (type this in terminal) vi /etc/sysctl.conf
- Double the value of the value kern.maxproc to double its default 2500 value.
- Save the file and reboot